If you wish to attend virtually, separate registration is required for each day:
To register to attend day ONE virtually click here.
To register to attend day TWO virtually click here.
EVENT DESCRIPTIONThe Great Lakes & Great Rivers Section will convene its annual Fall Meeting on September 21-22, 2023, in conjunction with the Smart Ships Coalition following the Lakebed 2030 Conference. We are really excited to bring all of these groups and our respective audiences together for what should be a packed week and a full house! This year’s event will be hosted at Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City, MI, home of the Great Lakes Maritime Academy and Marine Technology, Bachelor of Science. This year’s program will include keynote addresses, panel discussions, and networking opportunities.
Registration is required by September 8, 2023, and the participant cost of $125 includes all on-site meals. SPEAKER/PRESENTER & AGENDA
To view a detailed agenda click here.
Thursday, September 21, 2023
• Great Lakes / Great Rivers Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers Fall Members Meeting
• Networking lunch
• Maritime Innovation Roadmap keynote
• Facilitated panel discussion on Maritime Innovation Roadmap keynote, audience Q&A
• Additional presentations on maritime technology and automation topics
• Networking social event with hosted bar and appetizers
Friday, September 22, 2023
• Networking breakfast
• United States Coast Guard keynote presentation on regulatory developments and considerations for commercial vessels and other maritime stakeholders
• Facilitated panel discussion with regulators, classification societies, and insurers on maritime regulatory roadmap for smart shipping / vessel automation, audience Q&A
• Networking lunch
• Additional presentations to be announced