SNAME released the first issue of Technical and Topical (TNT) today. The new monthly email newsletter focuses exclusively on the channels producing new technical papers, especially SNAME’s Technical and Research Program, SNAME Symposia, SNAME Journals, the Annual Meeting, and Section meetings. Only information directly relevant to the access and production of high-quality papers written by SNAME members will be included.
The goal of TNT is to consolidate information on the various pipelines producing SNAME technical content. The hyperlink-rich newsletter will serve as a single-page hub for members who want to access or circulate technical content without superfluous information. TNT will link to recently produced work and look forward to upcoming releases from SNAME’s T&R Committees/Panels and SNAME Symposia.
Members, especially T&R Committee/Panel Chairs, are encouraged to contribute information directly to the producer of TNT, SNAME Web/Communications Strategist Mark Eichler. Appropriate content includes:
• New papers produced
• Chair changes at T&R Committees/Panels
• Requests for new members/chairs for T&R Committees/Panels
• New T&R Committee/Panel microsites going live
• Upcoming symposia sponsored, co-sponsored, or officially endorsed by SNAME and its sections - non-SNAME symposia information will not be included
To include your information in TNT:
• A short summary of under 50 words should be provided via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the email “for TNT”
• A link is necessary – provide a link to the paper, meeting, or website relevant to the content/production channel in the email.
• Members who wish to circulate papers directly should verify in the email that they wish to have SNAME members contact them directly to receive copies.
Please contact Mark Eichler with any questions regarding the new Technical and Topical at 201.499.5069.